December 06, 2006

Fuck. That Sucks

I've been switching over to CNN and Google News for the last several days hoping there'd be an update about James Kim, the senior CNET.com editor missing in the Oregon wilderness.

They just found him dead.

I'd really pulling for him and his family. I dunno why exactly. Maybe it was his easy smile or the way he and his wife and kids just- fit. Hearing about his resourcefulness and devotion to his wife and children's safety was pretty amazing. I oft wondered over the last few days if my own hubby would fight me for the stale 1/2 a Twix bar lodged between my console and my seat if such an ordeal befell us. I suspect he would. And that I would hit him with a tire iron. Not because I wouldn't want him to have it. I would. But because he'd want it more than he'd want me to have it. Call it spite. I'm not James Kim.

If anyone out there is having a quiet moment, keep James Kim and his family and friends in your thoughts. I know I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home