August 07, 2006

iPod Lists

I like lists. All lists. I like iPod lists especially. I saw my 15 yo cousin's this weekend and had to tease her in front of hr mom and her mom's friends that the whole list was either about having sex, trying to have sex or how good someone was at either having or trying to have sex. You might have guessed it- it was all hip hop.

I like hip hop, but I like a lot of other stuff too. FI, I have the entire TimeLife Soul Collection on my iPod. I have Stevie Wonder's Greatest Hits. I have Aqualung's "Strange & Beautiful." I have hours upon hours of Ella Fitzgerald, Public Enemy, Blondie, Alan Jackson, every album the Indigo Girls ever made, Ministry, George Strait, New Order, Eminem, Neil Diamond's greatest hits, Green Day, Paul Simon, every solo thing Annie Lennox has ever done, lots of 80's hair bands, Public Image Limited, Queensryche, U2 (old stuff, not new), Montgomery Gentry, Johnny Cash, Depeche Mode, Marilyn Manson, Anita Baker, Fun Boy 3, Al Green, Dean Martin, the Ventures, White Stripes, Tracy Ullman, Avenged Sevenfold, The Killers, Fallout Boy, Aretha Franklin, The B-52's, Tracy Chapman, Styx, Damien Rice, The Cure, David Bowie, Def Leppard, Sugarland, Player, Crystal Method, Foo Fighters, Frou Frou, Gorillaz, Human League, Megadeth, Dixie Chicks, Dionne Warwick, Barry Manilow (all three greatest hist albums), Metallica and of course ZZ Top. I even have my smoking cessation hypnotherapy tracks and political interviews. There's more. So much more.

In hindsight, it's almost as if my iPod reflects my personality and how warped it is. A little bit of this, a lot of that. Not necessarily reflective of how one person or another views me, but none of it is fake. Every song on my iPod is for me to enjoy, not to impress some asshole who might see my playlist ala the Preznit. And everything on it reflects another facet of who I am or can be depending on my mood or environment.

I wish I had more contemporary jazz but that's about my only complaint about my playlist. Well, that and I wish I had a bigger iPod, but everybody thinks that....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home